Thursday, September 04, 2008

So much time later...

Is is possible to gauge how much impact a film will have? I recently re-viewed Thomas Campbell's film Sprout, and it moved me in a way I didn't expect. Now, to be clear, I have practically worn out this DVD since I got it ages ago. So much so, that my wife knows what I'm watching by the first chords on the intro..
It seems strange that a film that re-sparked my desire for a heavy log, and more glide in my surfing in general could, 
after so many viewings, still provide a sense of stoke, and inspiration to draw a different line.
Maybe, its like seeing an old friend, or hearing a song from your youth. But, whatever you think about this film, 
my hat is off to T Moe, and there will always be an open door to new surfcraft, and experiences.

1 comment:

Terrence M said...

This is a great post thhanks